The recipient must be a lawyer in good standing with one of the law societies in Atlantic Canada and must practice primarily in at least one of the Atlantic Provinces. The Selection Committee will consider the extent to which the nominee meets the following criteria when determining the recipient:
- Demonstrates generosity of time and expertise, with a commitment to mentoring and supporting more junior advocates;
- Supports and promotes mentees’ career development and leadership skills and opportunities;
- Promotes diversity and inclusion in the profession through mentorship and sponsorship;
- Shows commitment to mentoring and educational programs within the profession; and
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity and professionalism as a role model for young advocates.