Insolvency Litigation Practice Group Leaders:
Chair: Miranda Spence, Aird & Berlis LLP (Toronto)
Vice-Chair: Kyla E.M. Mahar, Miller Thomson LLP (Toronto)
Secretary: Rosemary Fisher, Simpson Wigle LAW LLP (Burlington)
Member-at-Large: Karen Fellowes, Q.C., Stikeman Elliott LLP (Calgary)
Member-at-Large: Eric Golden, Blaney McMurtry LLP (Toronto)
Member-at-Large: Shahana Kar, Ministry of the Attorney General, Crown Law Office Civil (Toronto)
Member-at-Large: Jeremy Opolsky, Torys LLP (Toronto)
Miranda Spence, Aird & Berlis LLP
Hosted by the Insolvency Litigation Practice Group
The Insolvency Practice Group presents: Fire Sale? Sale Processes in the Pandemic. Hear from leading practitioners regarding the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the sale of a debtor's assets within an insolvency proceeding, and gain insight into the factors the court may consider in addressing the approval of such processes in the current climate.
- An overview of market conditions in the pandemic
- The effective use of reverse vesting orders and other recent trends
- The impact working remotely has on deals, insolvency proceedings and stakeholder involvement
- How to market assets successfully in the present environment
- The role and impact of government actions during the pandemic
- Lender reactions to the pandemic
- Existing restructuring tools that still work well
Following the panel discussion, join our Practice Group Leaders in breakout sessions where you can discuss these issues further and network with colleagues in smaller groups.
*Due to current concerns with COVID-19, this program will be broadcast online only.
Please review the system requirements to view a Zoom webinar here.